Thursday, August 11, 2011

Meth Kills!

Meth Kills...The Campaign Against Methamphetamine

I was wondering around on the Internet and found this great poem; if you or a family member is addicted to Meth please check out the website ( just click on the link above, it really is very informative)!


If my glamorous lifestyle is appealing to you.
And you want to try me because you've nothing to lose.
Then, let me give you a bit of advice. You are a fool.
And you'd better think twice.

I destroy homes. I tear families apart.
I take your children and that's just the start.
I'm more valued than diamonds. More precious than gold.
The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.

If you need me, remember; I'm easily found.
I live all around you. In school and in town.
I live with the rich. I live with the poor.
I live just down the road. And maybe next door.

I'm made in a lab, but not in one like you think.
I can be made under your kitchen sink.
Or in your child's closet and even out in the woods.
If this scares you to death, It certainly should.

I have many names, but there's one you'll know best.
I'm sure you've heard of me. My name's Crystal Meth.
My power is awesome. Try me you'll see.
But if you do, You may never break free.

Just try me once and I might let you go.
But if you try me twice, then I own your soul.

When I posses you, You'll steal and lie.
You'll do what you have to Just to get high.
The crimes you'll commit, For my narcotic charms
Will be worth the pleasure, You'll feel in my arms.

You'll lie to your mother. You'll steal from your dad.
When you see their tears you must not feel sad.
Just forget your morals and how you were raised.
I'll be your conscious. I'll teach you my ways.

I take kids from their parents. I take parents from kids.
I turn people from God. I separate friends.
I'll take everything from you;
Even your good looks and your pride.
I'll be with you always. Right here by your side.

You'll give up everything; Your family, your home
Your money, your friends, You'll be all alone.
I'll take and I'll take 'Til you've no more to give.
When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.

If you try me be warned: THIS IS NOT A GAME.
If I'm given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
I'll ravage your body. I'll control your mind.
I'll own you completely. Your soul will be mine.

The nightmares I'll give you when your lying in bed....
And the voices you'll hear from inside your head....
The sweats, the shakes, and the visions you'll see....
I want you to know:
These are your gifts from me.

By then it's to late and you'll know in your heart
That you are now mine, And we shall not part.
You'll regret that you tried me. (They always do.)
Remember, you came to me. Not I, to you.

You knew this would happen. How many times were you told?
But you challenged my power. You chose to be bold.
You could have said "No" and then walked away.
If you could live that day over now, what would you say?

My power is awesome as I told you before.
I can take your mother and turn her into a whore.
Go ahead and curse me with every breath.
Just make your choice:
Will it be life or meth?

You will take unknown paths on your journey through life.
Some will bring happiness. Some will bring strife.
But, my path is one you must not ever cross.
Although it's well trodden countless lives have been lost.

Now that you've met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not? It's all up to you.
I can show you more misery than words can tell.
Come, take my hand. Let me lead you to Hell.

1 comment:

  1. I read this before when I was searching the internet as well. My Mom manages an apartment building right next to a College and she put this up on the information board. You never know if that may prevent one kid from trying it.

    I love your blog and thank you so much for your comment on mine. You have no idea how much that helped me to just enforce that I am doing the right thing. I want him to be scared so scared he will never go back. It is just hard to hear him and no that I can't nor should I help.

    ReplyDelete