Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The other side of addiction!

             I know in my active addiction that I hurt a lot of people. After I became sober I realized even more. But after reading this blog (http://parentsofanaddict.blogspot.com/) I didn’t realize how deep it ran!
            To all those I hurt in my addiction I apologize profoundly. I can not change the past but I am working on changing the future.
            I want to thank my mom, dad, family and friends for standing behind me as I walk this road! I appreciate it very much and if it wasn’t for you guys I don’t know what I would have done!


            A BIG THANK YOU TO CINDY BOTHWELL (MOM), TOM BOTHWELL (DAD), DEBBIE STONE (BESTEST FRIEND/SISTER EVER) AND THE BOTHWELL CLAN!!!!

            You guys are the best! I love you all!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Brandi,

    I tried posting earlier to your post and it would not allow me to post so I am giving it another try as anonymous. For some reason it took a "test" post. You can delete that one.

    Your blog is good for us parents to read. the stories are real and mean so much to us trying to understand our child and their addiction. Please keep writing. plus you are an inspiration to those addicts still fighting the fight.

    Plus, take care of that cute little girl.

    Ron
    Dad and Mom
    www.parentsofanaddict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do the hard work of recovery every day..for your adorable daughter and yourself (mostly yourself). But as a parent of an addict in recovery, I truly believe family support makes a huge difference in who will be able to stay clean and who won't.

    No matter how low you sink, mom and dad will always love you. But you're a mother, so you know that!

    God bless you, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got through reading all of your posts. I am the parent of an addict - drug of choice is Heroin but he will use pretty much anything. He is go to Court 8/1 and I pray they give him rehab instead of jail. They gave him less than 30 days before which was not enough. Thank you for writing, it will not only help other Addicts but Parents as well. I always try to understand my son but it is so hard. You have a beautiful little girl! Congratulations for doing the work you need to do for yourself and your daughther. Again, thank you for writing, I will be following.

    ReplyDelete