Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Let's get started

Hi my name is Brandi and I am 26. I am an alcoholic and addict and have been for 12 years. I am currently in recovery for Alcohol, Methamphetamine, Cocaine, and Sex. I am on probation for the next 5 years of my life for possession with intent to sell.
You might ask me; why I am putting this all out here on the Internet for everyone to see? Well, my answer to that question is that we can’t do this alone. Many addicts think that they are the only ones with this problem and that nobody understands them. I thought this at one point and I am here to say that I do understand. Also NA say that if we want to keep what we have (recovery/sober time) we need to give it away (help others). So I am here to give it away.
My story is not unusual in the addicts circle. I started drinking when I was 14. Then it turned into cocaine when alcohol was not enough anymore, then when that stopped working it become methamphetamine, with sex though-out. I will post my story on how I became sober in another post. 
This blog will be about my struggle with sobriety and hopefully will be helpful to other addicts. Feel free to ask questions and tell your own story I really hope this helps others.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through "mom and dad" and I just want to say how much I appreciate your honesty and your humility. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! I'm glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of us can do this alone. Not the addict (in my case my son) or the co-dependent, enabler (me, but I am working on it a day at a time). Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am glad that we are all here for each other.

    ReplyDelete