Thursday, November 8, 2012

Things to be thankful for are hard to find if you don’t want to look for them.


 I have been putting off the November thankful post because, well to be honest I have been in a “mood” lately, and just haven’t wanted to look. I have been isolating and just wanting to be by myself. BUT I know that with my addiction that can be a serious warning sign, for me at least.

So I am going to catch up on my thankful post today:

1: I am thankful for God. What he has done in my life so far is nothing short of a miracle.

2: I am thankful for my recovery and all the tools I have learned along the way. Without it I would not know what could and will bring me back to my using days.

3: I am thankful for my daughter. She is just like me and we butt heads often, but she is the light of my life and one of my reasons to keep trying every day.

4: I am thankful for my best friend, Debbie, without her support, love, and “friendly” pushing I am not sure that I would be where I am, nor as logical as I am today. And that says a lot because I am more of an emotional thinker then a logical one.

5: I am thankful for my sponsor who is there no matter what time and what silliness I bring to her.

6: I am thankful for a man who was in my life, although we are going through a rough patch right now, I really do hope it gets better. Without him I’m sure that I would be off in my own little world most the time, he bought me back to reality when I need to be. Although I feel like he lectures me more than he talks to me, sometimes that is what I need….but only sometimes.

7: I am very thankful to my mother. No matter the bad stuff that I have done she is always and will always be there for me. If I can be half the mom that she is then I will be doing well!

8: I am thankfully for my job; many people are without one right now and trying to figure out what to do. But these wonderfully people hired me knowing I had just gotten out of prison and that I have a felony. They are truly great people to work for and with, I could not have asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment