Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Home is where the heart is.


Today I am thankful for my home.

In my 10 years of living by myself I have had lots of houses, apartments, duplexes…just places to live in general. But I have never had a home.

Today Kelli and I have a home; there really is nothing different between this place and the places we have lived before. All of stuff is there and it is arranged the way I want it. But it feels different.

There are not tons of people running in and out, there are not people “living” with me, Kelli has her own space and she loves it.

Today this is our home; we are there more than anywhere in this world. It might not be much to some people’s standards but it is amazing for us.

We love, laugh, cry, and play here. This is where we choose to go when we don’t want to be around anyone. This is where we share amazing moments together and with those closest to us.

Today we are happy that we have a home when so many people do not.

2 comments: