Mary Christine over at Being Sober has a blog post up called A Tiny Grateful List. Although I haven’t been blogging I have been reading everyone’s post. It at least keeps me (in my mind) from feeling like such a slacker.
I have been having trouble balancing and coming up with things to be grateful for, and reading Mary’s post made me wake up and think “just because you are having a bad day (or for me a slump) doesn’t mean there is nothing to be grateful for."
So Mary I stole your idea, I hope you don’t mind.
My tiny grateful list:
· That my daughter loves me no matter how “mean” I am.
· That my family and friends are there no matter what
· That I have a “friend” that understands and makes me feel not so stupid when I talk about my feelings and makes me comfortable no matter how uncomfortable I feel, even if I am in the shower
· That my sponsor is amazing and gets me
· That I can have a crazy moment in front of a co-worker and he just laughs at me
· That I have a job
· That I have a God that will never turn his back on me
· That no matter how crazy I drive that my "friend" will still ride with me
· That my bills are paid
· That I have 16 months of sobriety under my belt
· That I am loved by many
There is so much more that I am grateful for, the hard part is remembering them even when you are down.
What do you have to be grateful for?