Monday, April 22, 2013

Destiny?


One meets his destiny often on the road one takes to avoid it-French Proverb

 

I read this quote this morning and it made me think.

I don’t think that anyone ever woke up one day and said “I’m going to become an addict, just for giggles and grins.” Well at least I never did. But we end up there somehow…how did it get this bad, how did we end up here? I am not sure, I still remember waking up in jail asking these questions.

But, with that said, I do believe that addiction led me to the life I am supposed to have. Addiction is not something to take lightly, addiction is death for us. BUT the good news is that it doesn’t have to be death! We can find a new way to live. We have hope in recovery each and every day.

If I wasn’t an addict, would my life be better? Looking back now I really don’t think so. It took a VERY rough road to get me where I am today but it was my destiny. I believe that every day. It is hard and sometimes I have to find the good in day to day life. But the fact is, if I did not go through my active addiction, I would not have all that I have today; My family, my daughter, my boyfriend, my friends, and a new baby on the way.
I am truly thankful for my life, past and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment